Skip to content
Check Hardware Compatibility:
- ESXi 7.0 requires a host with at least two CPU cores.
- ESXi 7.0 requires the NX/XD bit to be enabled for the CPU in the BIOS.
- ESXi 7.0 requires a minimum of 4 GB of physical RAM.
- One or more Gigabit or faster Ethernet controllers.
- To support 64-bit virtual machines, support for hardware virtualization (Intel VT-x or AMD RVI) must be enabled on x64 CPUs.
- ESXi 7.0 requires a boot disk of at least 8 GB for USB or SD devices and 32 GB for other device types such as HDD, SSD, or NVMe.
- SCSI disk or a local, non-network, RAID LUN with unpartitioned space for the virtual machines.
- Compatibility Guides: http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility
- Insert the ESXi installer CD/DVD into the CD/DVD-ROM drive, or attach the Installer USB flash drive and restart the machine.
- Set the BIOS to boot from the CD-ROM device or the USB flash drive.
- On the Select, a Disk page, select the drive to install ESXi, and press Enter.
- Press F1 for information about the selected disk.
- Select the keyboard type for the host.
- Enter the root password for the host.
- Press Enter to start the installation.
- When the installation is complete, remove the installation CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
- Press Enter to reboot the host.
- Set the first boot device to be the drive on which you installed ESXi in step 3.
Configure ESXi Network: