To configure network setting connect to vCenter using Putty:
- Connect to vCenter Server (192.168.1.17) using SSH port 22.
- Enter Username and Password: root/P@ssw0rd.
- Enter Shell.
- Enter “/opt/vmware/share/vami/vami_config_net”.
5. Choose the option (3): Hostname and choose to rename hostname to “vcenter17.adatum.com”.
6. Configure DNS setting by choosing option (4): DNS, configure DNS as 192.168.1.6, which is the lab domain controller (windows server 2012).
7. Log in to the domain controller 192.168.1.6, open the DNS management console, and create (A) record with PTR.
8. Log in to the vSphere HTML5 web client using firstname.lastname@example.org/P@ssw0rd.9. Go to administration > Single Sign-On > Identity Sources > Add.
10. Add Identity Source > Active Directory Over LDAP.
11. Go to Active Director Domain > JOIN AD.
12. Restart the vCenter Appliance.